BIR’s April tax take down by 50%, asks taxpayers to file ITRs early

The BIR Revenue District Office No. 69, through Revenue District Officer Daisy Baroma, disclosed that as of last week, about 70 percent of its listed taxpayers have already filed their tax returns.

ARDCI Mobile Palengke seeks to reach all 11 towns

From the initial 20 barangays in Virac covered during the quarantine period, ARDCI MFI management seeking the permission of the provincial government to bring its Mobile Palengke to the other 10 towns as well.

Capitol rolls out repatriation program for stranded Catandunganons

The new program, which is separate from the national government’s “Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-asa” program, promises to send home stranded Catandunganon workers, students, tourists, and other individuals while travel between quarantine zones remain restricted.

FICELCO, Sunwest set to sign 3rd Amendment on power deal

In an interview with the local media last week, GM Zafe said the FICELCO Board of Directors recently met with SUWECO officials before the lockdown to discuss its options in view of the fact that the procurement of a new power provider will take two to three years to complete, assuming a winning bid is declared under the Competitive Selection Process (CSP).

“Underbilled” homes to pay a lot more:

Some “overbilled” FICELCO consumers to pay only P4.60

Robert Tindugan, head of the cooperative’s Meter Reading, Billing and Collection (MRBC), told the Tribune that only the metering charge would be paid if the member-consumer-owners’ actual billing as read this week would show a “negative” figure.

#25 tests negative for 2nd time; Catanduanes now COVID-free

The 63-year old permanent resident of Japan has been discharged from the isolation ward of the Eastern Bicol Medical Center (EBMC) which she has called home since she tested positive for coronavirus disease, was brought out of her locked-down residential block near the airport and eventually placed at a corner second-floor room of the provincial hospital.

Balik Probinsiya, Bagong Pag-asa?:

Capitol to ensure returnees from MM would be free of COVID

Last Monday afternoon, the newly-reorganized Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases Provincial Task Force (EREID-PTF) chaired by Governor Joseph Cua held its first meeting to discuss the matter, primarily to craft a specific plan on the management of the returnees.

9 with island roots hurdle bar exam

The newly-minted attorneys are Cara Marie T. Encabo, Philip Frantz T. Guerrero, Alan Emmanuel R. Latorre, Catherine B. Panti, Ma. Cecille M. Pelagio, Chilzia T. Rojas, Michevelli B. Samonte, Ulpiano Z. Sarmiento, and Krishna Thea A. Torrente.

Pantawid Liwanag Program:

FICELCO grants 20% discount to all 50,709 residential consumers

According to the Pantawid Liwanag Program approved by the Board in its special meeting last week, the discount will benefit all residential Member-Consumer-Owners (MCOs) regardless of their level of energy consumption.

Cua back as governor

Sources close to the governor told the Tribune that Gov. Cua will issue an executive order directing law enforcers, the Provincial Health Office (PHO) and the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) to keep arriving cargo truck drivers and their helpers confined at the two ports until their return to the mainland.