Contact tracing to identify persons exposed to island’s 1st COVID-19 case

In a hastily-called press conference at the provincial capitol held April 19, 2020, the acting chief executive disclosed that she received the bad news on Bicol’s 25th confirmed coronavirus case directly from Department of Health (DOH) Regional Director Dr. Ernie Vera.

Authorities to charge 14 who sneaked into island

Acting Governor Shirley A. Abundo has reportedly given the green light to the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) to file appropriate charges against the quarantine violators.

Body bags included in shopping list:

CDC approves P900-M ‘wish list’ vs. COVID-19, emerging diseases

In her brief statement before a vote was taken on the issue, Acting Governor Shirley Abundo said the Supplemental AIP No. 2 is a product of a workshop undertaken by four clusters of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) of the Provincial Task Force on Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases (PTF-EREID).

Burial in 12 hours even for those who died of common diseases

Unfathomable despair and sadness.

This is the common lament of families and relatives of those who died recently from common ailments as local health authorities are presuming the departed to have succumbed to the coronavirus and thus needs to be buried in 12 hours according to COVID-19 protocol.

Reports claim at least 29 suspect cases in 4 towns:

Health officials silent on ‘suspect’ COVID-19 data

Reports from four of the province’s 11 towns indicate that there are at least 29 Persons Under Investigation (PUIs), contrary to the data presented by the Department of Health regional office that showed zero PUI for Catanduanes as of 5 P.M. Friday, March 20, 2020.

PHO slams LGU efforts vs. COVID-19 as thousands come home:

“IT’S TOO LATE”

The Provincial Health Office (PHO) in an emergency meeting last Monday by the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) lambasted the last-ditch efforts by municipal local government units (LGUs) to monitor new arrivals.

Provincial gov’t issues total ban on pork over ASF fears

Besides a total ban, Executive Order No. 12 enacts the creation of local ASF task forces for monitoring and prevention, checkpoints at the airport, seaports, and coastal barangays, and immediate confiscation or culling of any pork products or live hogs caught entering the province.

‘There should be no fear’ – hospital chief Abella on COVID-19

Dr. Vietrez Abella, chief of hospital of the Eastern Bicol Medical Center (EBMC) emphasized that people should not panic when dealing with the spreading COVID-19 (previously nCoV).

PDEA leads launching of 3 Balay Silangan:

Three more towns to be declared as drug-cleared

Police provincial director Col. Paul F. Abay told the Tribune Wednesday last week (Feb. 19, 2020) that the towns of Gigmoto, Viga, and San Andres would be issued the coveted certification by the committee following the blessing and inauguration of their respective Balay Silangan Reformation Program facility last week.

Catandunganon earns posting at RP Embassy in Washington, DC

Only 27 years old, his assignment to WDC is probably one of the by-products of his loyalty, dedication, commitment, and exemplary performance having been cited as Best Employee Awardee on June 2018 at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Philippines where he has been employed since July 2013.